Adopted by the Board of Selectmen at a regular meeting on June 20, 2000
Published in the Manchester Extra on June 29, 2000
Effective date: July 14, 2000
1. It is recognized that pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes S7&-148(c)(2)(k), that a special fund to be known as the Buildings and Grounds Activity Fund ("the Fund") be hereby established, which Fund shall be used in whole or in part for funding Buildings and Grounds Department’s activities including: the acquisition; erection; installation; maintenance; improvement; repair; and replacement of facilities and equipment.
2. The Fund shall be in the custody of the treasurer of the Town of Bolton and all or any part of the monies in said Fund, may from time to time, be invested in any securities in which public funds may lawfully be invested. All income derived from such investments shall be paid into the Fund and become a part thereof. The monies so invested shall at all times be subject to withdrawal from such investment for use as provided in paragraph 1, above.
3. Annually, the treasurer shall submit to the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Finance, a complete and detailed report of the condition of said fund, which report shall be made a part of the Bolton annual report.
4. Subject to the provisions of the Charter, decisions regarding the use of monies in said fund shall be made by the Board of Selectmen in their discretion. The Selectmen may delegate, upon such conditions, as the Board of Selectmen shall determine, disbursement authority to a dully authorized individual.
5. There shall be deposited in such fund, (a) all monies received by the Town from whatever source and from whatever means as gifts for use as provided in paragraph one above; (b) all monies received by the Town as income from cemetery maintenance and one day Town facility rentals; and (c) all monies appropriated to said fund.
6. The Fund shall continue in existence until by ordinance it is determined to amend or discontinue the same.
7. Upon dissolution of the Fund, any remaining balances shall be paid over into the general fund or such other fund as the ordinance terminating said Fund shall direct.