Adopted by the Board of Selectmen on December 13, 2011
Published in the Hartford Courant on December 20, 2011
Effective Date: January 19, 2012
1. It is recognized that pursuant to Connecticut General Statures §7-148(c)(2)(K), that a special fund to be known as the Bolton Cemetery Activity Fund (“the Fund”) be hereby established, which Fund shall be used in whole or in part for Bolton Center Cemetery and Quarryville Cemetery activities including but not limited to: acquisition of land; oversight; maintenance; improvement; repair; burials; and replacement of equipment. The Board of Selectmen in establishing the Fund assumes responsibility for the Bolton Center Cemetery and Quarryville Cemetery properties deeded to the Town of Bolton.
2. The Fund shall be in the custody of the treasurer of the Town of Bolton and all or any part of the monies in said Fund, may from time to time, be invested in any securities in which public funds may lawfully be invested. All income derived from such investments shall be paid into the Fund and become a part thereof. The monies so invested shall at all times be subject to withdrawal from such investment for use as provided in paragraph 1, above.
3. Annually, the treasurer shall submit to the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Finance, a complete and detailed report of the condition of said fund, which report shall be made part of the Bolton annual report.
4. Subject to the provisions of the Charter and this ordinance, decisions regarding the use of monies in said fund shall be made by the Board of Selectmen in its discretion. The Selectmen may delegate, upon such conditions, as the Board of Selectmen shall determine, disbursement authority to a duly authorized individual or commission.
5. There shall be deposited in such fund: (a) all monies received by the Town from whatever source and from whatever means as gifts or bequeaths for use as provided in paragraph one above; (b) all monies received by the Town as income from burials, plots or other cemetery related activities; and (c) all monies appropriated to said fund.
6. Upon dissolution of the Fund as the result of transfer of the cemetery properties from the Town to another entity as permitted by law, any remaining balances shall be paid over into such other fund as the ordinance terminating said fund shall direct.