MidNEROC HHW facility
- Only one person is to be in the car.
- They MUST wear a mask.
- They MUST stay in the car with their windows up. They should hold their license up to the window. ( The license must reflect a member town. )
- All waste MUST be in the trunk or rear compartment of the vehicle (NONE in passenger area). Your truck, hatch or tailgate should be unlocked or open.
- No containers will be returned.
- No aerosol paint or empty aerosol containers will be accepted. (pesticide aerosols will be accepted).
- No oil or antifreeze will be accepted (take these to your transfer station). Tolland residents should take these to Bill's Automotive.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and household rechargeable batteries should go to your transfer station if they accept them.
- All materials should be in their original containers or clearly marked.
SCHEDULE FOR 2021 MIDNEROC HHW SEASON
MidNEROC management will be available on open Saturdays from 8am-2pm at 860-965-1910 to answer any questions.
The Residential Recycling Center located on Notch Road and the Household Chemical Waste Drop-off Facility located in Willington close for the months December through March. Both facilities reopen in April.
When hazardous wastes are poured down the sink or toilet, dumped “out back”, poured into a street drain or put out with the trash, they eventually make their way into our water supply. Bring your household hazardous materials to the MidNEROC Household Chemical Waste Drop-Off Center located on Hancock Road in Willington. There is no charge for the use of this facility by Bolton residents, with proof of residency. The facility is open from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm the first and third Saturday of each month from mid-April to early November. For further information, call them at (860) 684-3163.
How to Prepare Materials
- Pack carefully in original containers only, sealed and labeled.
- Do not mix materials.
- Place carefully in car, prevent tipping.
- Drive carefully. Do not smoke while handling and transporting materials.
- Up to 10 gallons liquid (1 gallon or less of each material) and 100 pounds dry material.
- Bring proof of residency.
- No commercial users
Dry Cleaning Fluids
Arts & Crafts Supplies
Aerosol Cans with Hazardous Waste Contents
Household Batteries (except Alkaline)
Old Chemistry Kits
Waxes and Polishes
Engine and Radiator Flushes
Oil Based Paints
Lead Based Paints
Pesticides or Herbicides with 2, 4, 5-T or Silvex