Unsupported Browser This website will offer limited functionality in this browser. We only support the recent versions of major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
(860) 649-8066
INDIAN NOTCH PARK OPEN - Wednesday through Sunday

*Park will only be open Wednesday through Sunday  (9 am to 5 pm) weekly and there will be NO season passes this year.
It is pay as you go with new daily rates.  
Fees                                                  Resident                     Non-Resident

Daily per car weekday                       $5.00                             $7.00

Daily per car weekend/holiday          $7.00                            $20.00

Hazardous Waste Disposal

MidNEROC HHW facility


  1. Only one person is to be in the car.
  2. They MUST wear a mask.
  3. They MUST stay in the car with their windows up. They should hold their license up to the window. ( The license must reflect a member town. )
  4. All waste MUST be in the trunk or rear compartment of the vehicle (NONE in passenger area). Your truck, hatch or tailgate should be unlocked or open.
  5. No containers will be returned.
  6. No aerosol  paint or empty aerosol containers will be accepted.  (pesticide aerosols will be accepted).
  7. No oil or antifreeze will be accepted (take these to your transfer station). Tolland residents should take these to Bill's Automotive.
  8. Fluorescent light bulbs and household rechargeable batteries should go to your transfer station if they accept them.
  9. All materials should be in their original containers or clearly marked.

MidNEROC management will be available on open Saturdays from 8am-2pm at 860-965-1910 to answer any questions. 

The Residential Recycling Center located on Notch Road and the Household Chemical Waste Drop-off Facility located in Willington close for the months December through March.  Both facilities reopen in April.

When hazardous wastes are poured down the sink or toilet, dumped “out back”, poured into a street drain or put out with the trash, they eventually make their way into our water supply.  Bring your household hazardous materials to the MidNEROC Household Chemical Waste Drop-Off Center located on Hancock Road in Willington. There is no charge for the use of this facility by Bolton residents, with proof of residency. The facility is open from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm the first and third Saturday of each month from mid-April to early November.   For further information, call them at (860) 684-3163. 

How to Prepare Materials

  • Pack carefully in original containers only, sealed and labeled.
  • Do not mix materials.
  • Place carefully in car, prevent tipping.
  • Drive carefully. Do not smoke while handling and transporting materials. 


  • Up to 10 gallons liquid (1 gallon or less of each material) and 100 pounds dry material.
  • Bring proof of residency.
  • No commercial users 

Accepted Materials

From the House
Drain Cleaners
Metal Polish
Dry Cleaning Fluids
Arts & Crafts Supplies
Floor Cleaners
Aerosol Cans with Hazardous Waste Contents
Fluorescent Bulbs
Household Batteries (except Alkaline)
Oven Cleaners
Photo Chemicals
From the Garage
Fire Starters
Contaminated Gasoline
Old Chemistry Kits
Waxes and Polishes
Engine and Radiator Flushes
From the Workbench
Rust Preventative
Wood Preservatives
Wood Strippers
Oil Based Paints
Lead Based Paints
Paint Thinners
From the Yard/Garden
Cesspool Cleaners
Rodent Killers
Insect Sprays
Muriatic Acid
Pool Chemicals
Pesticides or Herbicides with 2, 4, 5-T or Silvex
Materials NOT Accepted
Alkaline Batteries – can be disposed of in the trash.
Asbestos – contact the Connecticut DEP, Technical Assistance at 424-3372
Car Batteries, Used Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid and Antifreeze – can be recycled curbside.
Explosive, Fireworks, Ammunition – contact the nearest State Police barracks.
Gas Cylinders (refillable type) – return to the company which distributed them.
Wood Preservative Containing Penta-Chlorophenol – there is no known safe way of disposal.  Store in leak-proof containers out of reach of children.
Water Reactive Materials (chemicals such as peroxides and metallic sodium) – contact the local Fire Marshall for proper disposal.
Radioactive Material – contact the Connecticut DEP at 424-3372.
Biologically Active Material (usually pathological matter) – contact the Connecticut DEP Hazardous Waste Division at 424-3372.
Medication – can be disposed of at one of the area medication drop boxes found at the Manchester Police Department, Troop K in Colchester or Troop C in Tolland.
Unknown Material – contact the Connecticut DEP Waste Bureau at 424-3372.