The Bolton Recreation Department has obtained Kayak Equipment through a grant from Eastern Highlands Health District. All rentals include one life jacket and one paddle per kayak. Kayaks will be available at Indian Notch Park during the summer while the lake is open. Rentals will be done at the gate; parking will be free for those renting kayaks.
- Cost/Use: $10 per kayak, paddle, and life jacket for 2 hours. Equipment available 7 days week 9:00-4:00pm at Indian Notch Park. Equipment can be rented at the gate and will be launched off to the right of the beach, outside of the roped off area. Equipment is to be returned no later than 2 hours after received. Participants looking to try kayaking for the first time can rent for an hour free if first time renting. Participants who want to stay and utilize the beach after kayaking will have to pay the daily parking fee once they return with the kayak. Participants must be 18 or older to rent a kayak. No person under 18 is allowed to use a loaned kayak or other equipment unless accompanied by a responsible adult. CASH ONLY
- Equipment: Equipment is available on a first come first served basis.
- Equipment Condition: Loaner is responsible for all repair or replacement fees for damaged equipment as per loan agreement. Pre and post inspections will be conducted and signed for by the patron and town staff. The Loan of the Equipment is Non-refundable/Non-transferrable.
- Deposit:$50 cash and a form of ID required at time of possession of kayak. Deposit and ID will be returned at the end of loan upon return of all equipment and an inspection of the equipment by staff. If there is damage to the equipment, the deposit will be kept by the Town of Bolton to fix or replace the equipment.
- Life jackets: Must be always worn. Provided by the Town of Bolton. Only life jackets provided by the town are allowed.
Park hours – 9:00am-5:00pm